About Me

My photo
This is a blog I set up to let you all know how I'm getting on this year, to describe to you the times when I get lost on my way to the airport and miss my flight, to brag about how well my bartering attempts in the local market went today, or how i got ill from too many curries. Please leave me a comment or send me an email if you feel like it, I would love to hear your thoughts and will do my absolute best to keep in touch with the rest of the world, even if that means I have to fight my way through the jungle to find a decent internet cafe...TTFN

Thursday 24 March 2011

more to come

many apologies but as i am very low on time in the internet caff today i will have to update you all on my latest news after my 3rd and final phase. all you need to know is that we completed the trek successfully, with some minor injuries but nothing like the previous groups 10 hour casualty evacuation situation...we swam in hot springs, trekked through wild jungle, desert conditions and cloud forest, carrying a minimum of 20 kilos in our packs every day. my skin tone is quickly adapting to the costa rican climate, and i am about to be shipped off to an environmental project very close to the fieldbase where we are staying in costa rica, i will be living at the top of a volcano and building trails walking up to 20 k carrying gravel and working on the paths every day, and apparently we have to embark upon some kind of altitude training once we get there. A new group once again, very excited and pumped for the final bit of my expedition. sorry for the shoddy lack of detail, but as promised, i will fill in all the gaps properly when i next get the chance.

must dash, hannah banana x

No comments:

Post a Comment